Legacy Application Modernization Transforms Steel Distribution
Development of the computerization of foremen on building sites
Revolutionizing Construction Management
ORAM – plumbing for buildings, is a contractor who specializes in plumbing, and more specifically, in building mechanics. For 49 years, this company has been offering its products and services to general contractors in the residential, commercial, industrial and institutional sectors.
Over the years, Oram has become a major and recognized player in the construction industry in Quebec.
This service company, which manages a team of 120 plumbers, relies on the transmission of important information governed by its foremen on site in order to have a good financial and operational management of the company. The management team realized that a considerable amount of time was being wasted and that there was room for optimization of its internal procedures and practices.
ORAM’s management saw the potential to automate certain tasks in order to standardize and centralize their procedures for:
- Time sheet management
- Ordering and receiving materials
- Consultation and technical documentation on construction sites
Our additional recommendations to the original mandate
The limitations of their in-house ERP system in terms of process automation, coupled with their desire to use a wireless environment, led us to propose to ORAM the synchronization of their in-house ERP with a customized web platform that could evolve according to the company’s future needs.
ORAM understood the importance of integrating an automation process for these four reasons:
- Lighten the management of time sheet procedures
- Optimize the speed of execution on the ordering process and receipt of products
- Incorporating good practices for a paperless environment
- Provide better technical communication with foremen on the job site
- Better control over operational management
- Improved communication with site teams
- Considerable savings in time and money
"Foremen now always have access to the plans on their tablet, allowing them to respond faster and save several hours a week."
Exceptional IT expertise, a different way of doing things, and new technological solutions all combine to deliver major results for our customers.