We are currently looking for
Power BI Analyst
You think Excel sheets are outdated? Read on!
What would you say if we offered you the opportunity…
- To join a collaborative team that’s passionate about technology.
- To apply your expertise to exciting and varied projects for major clients.
- To be challenged on a daily basis and develop new skills.
- To benefit from specific advancement opportunities in a fast-growing company
Feel inspired? Read on! Continue!
Your personal playground
Our DEV teams are experts at developing technology solutions that help our clients become industry leaders, or maintain their dominant position.
Our mission: make a difference in people’s lives by shaping companies’ technological futures.
DEV is a department that encourages creativity and collaboration. We apply the Agile method to our development and all of our decisions revolve around client satisfaction. We like to take on challenges, help each other, and we have lots of fun in our day-to-day.
To enjoy yourself here, you have to be curious, self-motivated and above all solution-driven.
On this team, you’ll be a POWER BI expert.
POWER BI is a set of software, application and connector services that work together to turn different data sources into visual, immersive and interactive information. It enables users to create custom, interactive data visualization with an easy-to-use interface that helps with decision-making.
Your mission: collect, analyze and organize data, and then transpose it into an interactive dashboard to help our clients make informed decisions.
Need an example?
Our client X enters their recruitment data into an Excel table. It takes a long time and it leaves room for errors.
They would like to organize their data in a visual dashboard that’s simple to read so they can easily answer questions such as: how much time does our recruitment process take?
That’s where your expertise comes in.
Develop all technical functionalities for an IT project
of a(n) Power BI Analyst
- You have training or professional experience related to this position.
- You have a good understanding of business strategy and operational objectives.
- You have a mind for math, and think in complex forms.
- You know DAX or Power Query like the back of your hand.
- You find it easy to analyze and visualize data to present clear and concise summaries.
- You know how to use Power Apps and Power Automate (desired).
- You understand database access and syntax (SQL, Oracle) (desired).
- You know how to use visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) (desired).
- You have experience with Power BI programming (desired).
- You are results-driven, innovative and take initiative.
- You are detail-oriented and conscientious.
- Bilingual (French & English)
of a(n) Power BI Analyst
- Analyze and organize raw data.
- Combine data from different sources.
- Configure, arrange and connect visual elements to create attractive reports using best practices (dashboards).
- Resolve data import errors.
- Participate in creating and developing the BI architecture.
- Create, maintain and check the full data warehouse.
- Guide clients in the analysis and documentation of their requests.
- Work closely with different teams and fully understand their needs.
- Analyze, influence and recommend different analysis tools to facilitate and improve decision-making.
- Participate in scrums and other team meetings.
Wondering if you’re a good fit?
At Openmind we believe that people skills are just as important as know-how. If you connect with the following 5 values, we should get along.
Don’t be a dinausaur
Not moving forward = moving backward. Be curious, challenge yourself
Get shit done
If you want something, choose the means, not the excuses
Take one for the team
Be kind. #teamspirit
Be the change you seek
Put 10% of your energy on the problem and 90% on the solution
Work hard play hard
Work shouldn’t be boring. Put some fun in your day
Your colleagues chose us because we ...
- Are ranked among the best places to work for in Canada (Great Place to Work)
- Are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada since 2017
- Have a president that is “BonBoss” certified in Quebec
- Invest in your continued education (Laureate at the Mercuriades 2020)
- Are FLOW certified (flexible working conditions, remote work, summer hours)
- Have a corporate culture that is unique, progressive and vibrant
- Offer endless opportunities for growth and advancement
But also because we...
- Contribute to your group insurance and your RRSP
- Offer you a health care allowance so that you can take care of yourself
- Magically transform your birthday into paid leave
- Share Thursday beers during our legendary 4PM Beer
- Offer the opportunity to get involved in different teams (culture, community, bench tech, design, etc.)
- Offer learning opportunities (learning club, University, book bar)
- Offer tea, coffee and snacks (we even have a popcorn machine)
- Are managed by a team of accessible and inspiring leaders who have a human-centred approach
- Invest in your professional development (one-on-one, personalized development plan, coaching with mentors, annual assessment based on your progress)
- Respect your privacy: no email or text messages outside office hours
- #notraffic, #parking
- And much more…
A word from the President
Our president loves to chat it up, but most of all, he’s abitious.Find out what to expect if you decide to join the adventure by viewing this short video clip .
Come add your flair to our projects! Get on board!
Not convinced that you tick all the boxes? What have you got to lose?
What you don’t know, we’ll teach you. It’s that simple!